Friday, July 24, 2009

A Note from Daniel 短宣有感-吳明明





Everything here is going well. I'm trying to not use the computer much as
it is a big distraction for me. It's 5:30am right now; I can't sleep, but

I did sleep at 9pm. It seems like everyone here wakes up around 6 - 7,
which is cool. I like the warm weather, and the kids don't seem to mind
the sweating and the mosquito bites.

Anyway, the food here is really good, and we tried Durian yesterday.。。。
All 3 of us have allergies, but it isn't too much of
a distraction.

Daddy filmed a video of exactly what we did the first day, so be sure to
see it. My Chinese is much worse than the kids, but I get by. Edward is
definitely a big help. For now, I am only able to make friends
with the
kids who are really active and talk a lot, since I do ask them a lot of
questions about what they're asking. Magic tricks definitely gets their

attention.


For prayer requests, please pray for Matt, Scott, Allan (maybe), Dad, and
me for language barriers. I don't think it's a big problem at this point,
but for the shy kids it's a little harder to communicate with them.

Also, allergies sometimes kicks in and makes it rather difficult to concentrate.
It's easy to start thinking about going home, but we have an objective
here to serve the Lord with a joyful heart.

I hope everything over there is going well. I'll email you again sometime
probably Saturday. Oh yeah, they have a fascination for tall people. A
lot of kids randomly walked up to me and told me I was tall. Pretty interesting.


- Daniel Stillman


No comments:

Post a Comment